I interviewed two golfers, a man and a woman, and asked them why they go to the driving range, if it is a calm place for them, a song they associate with the driving range, and why. I used their audios over the footage I took of the driving range. I put the song that they chose over the audio and the video once they said what their song was. I also took photos of the driving range and I used those at the end.
I chose to interview these two golfers about what the driving range means to them because I believe people have a certain relationship with nature and this relationship is particularly strong with people who frequently go there. Music is very important to me and I almost always seem to relate a song to a place. I was interested to know if other people did too, especially for a place as serene and beautiful as the driving range at Austin Country Club. I find that I constantly have a song playing in my head and it often matches the feeling I get from my location. I was interested in why the golfers chose their song because my reason may not be their reason. I originally had the same song choice as the second golfer, which I found really interesting. I tried to decide between “Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay” and “Hold My Hand” because I associate both of those songs with calm and happy places. “Hold My Hand” is very fitting for the driving range because of my own memories of the range. I learned how to golf there and that was also the first time I tried to quit something because I was failing at it. I learned on that driving range from my dad and instructor that golf is frustrating but you cannot give up. The song “Hold My Hand” relates to how I needed someone there to keep me going because if it had been up to me, I would have quit. I eventually stopped golfing, but I had many more great memories golfing after that moment. The opinion of these two golfers was important to me because I think you learn a lot about a place depending on why it is important to someone else. I realized a lot about ACC after talking to these golfers. I have been going there my whole life and I suddenly have a completely new perspective. When I went to interview these golfers, it was about 95 degrees outside. This showed me how important it really was for them to have their time of escape, even if it was extremely hot outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment